Apr 22, 2020
David Frangioni is a professional drummer, music technologist,
magazine publisher, author of three books, designer of custom
recording studios, and philanthropist. David has been the music
technologist for Aerosmith for
over 30 years and has worked with acts like The Rolling Stones,
Ringo Starr, Elton John, Sting, Journey, Styx, Kiss, Ozzie Osborne,
Phil Collins, Shakira, and Cher. He is also the publisher of
What you will learn:
- How he found the drums at the
age of two.
- How gigging professionally at the age of 12 shaped him
- How technology, including
MIDI, affected his approach to
musical performance and recording.
- How and why he began working
- What it was like to be
intimately involved in the creative process as Aerosmith wrote and
recorded songs on Pump, Get a Grip, Nine
Lives, Just Push Play, Honkin' on Bobo, and
Music from Another Dimension!
- How his relationship with Ozzie
Osbourne resulted in regular appearances on The
- Why Steven Tyler, Brian Adams,
Paul Stanley, Kiss, And Ozzi praise his skills in the recording
- Business tips for negotiating
contracts with professional musicians and how to work with them as
a peer as opposed to a fan.
- How David’s love for music
technology expanded into the design and construction of custom
recording studios for musicians like Steven
- How he juggles multiple careers, including serving as Publisher
of Modern Drummer
- Why he
wrote a book on Clint Eastwood’s Film Art and how that turned
into a collaboration with Mr. Eastwood.
Neil Peart of Rush influenced him as a musician and
- How David uses music education and technology to improve the
lives of disadvantaged youth through his charity work.